Special Events - Marina Arts District in Corpus Christi, TX
Special Events Policy
Corpus Christi Parks and Recreation Department issues permits for street closures for any special event in the Marina Arts District however, they request approval from the DMD first. In order to provide clear direction and fair treatment for special event organizers, as well as transparency with Downtown Property owners, the following policy is proposed for the Marina Arts District, bordered by Kinney and I-37, Lower Broadway and the Marina. Parades or marches utilizing Shoreline Blvd are exempt from this policy.
- DMD will provide four board approved layouts plans for event organizers to choose from.
- DMD will work with Traffic & Engineering as well as CCPD to coordinate traffic control plans and signage regarding tow-away zones.
- DMD will coordinate Street and Sidewalk Closure Petition with Downtown Property Owners.
- Special consideration will be given to Downtown property owners hosting events on their own block (not including intersections).
- Street closures in Marina Arts District will only be approved on two Saturdays per month.
- DMD will communicate with Corpus Christi Parks and Rec any concerns with post event clean-up.
- DMD will grandfather in any existing special event (such as Dia de los Muertos) and their current layout. If a special event decides to move or expand, they will need to submit event information to be sent to Downtown Property Owners for petition.
- Special Event organizers must submit Downtown Special Event Application to DMD by the first day of the month, 90 days in advance.
- Special Event organizers must submit event layout to DMD for approval 30 days prior to event.
- Layout must include location of portable restrooms. Portable restrooms cannot block front of operating business without explicit written approval of said business.
- Layout must not block entrances to downtown businesses. Business must be visible from the middle of the street.
- Special Event organizers must track attendance and provide data to DMD.
- Special Event organizers must follow the city’s noise ordinance policy.
- Special Event organizers must follow the city’s post event-clean up policy. Clean up must be completed by 12pm on the day after the event. DMD will deploy regularly scheduled clean up and any required clean up beyond normal standards will be deducted from event deposit.
- Special Event organizers must follow the city’s traffic control and security requirements.
- Limit noise by use of generator distribution boxes. (Pending)
Event Layout Options:
Layout #1 - Chaparral St. and Lawrence St. Intersection
Layout #2 - Chaparral St. and Peoples St. Intersection
Layout #3 - Chaparral St. and Peoples St. Intersection
Layout #4 - Chaparral St. and Taylor St. Intersection