Job Opening: Marketing Assistant - Marina Arts District in Corpus Christi, TX
Aug 26, 2019
Marketing Assistant Job Description
General Description: Be part of the renaissance of Downtown Corpus Christi and learn local government by working for the City’s only Municipal Management District! We’re looking for a new team member with energy, spirit and great attention to detail. The Marketing Assistant is a full-time (40 hours/week) position and is responsible for website management, graphic design and brand and event marketing. The Marketing Assistant also seconds as front office coverage when the Executive Assistant is unavailable. The Marketing Assistant reports directly to the Communication and Events Manager. This position will start on or after October 1, 2019.
Job Description (Daily Responsibilities):
- Support Marina Arts and Go Downtown Website
- Manage Traditional Media
- Manage Brand and Marketing Initiatives
- Assist in branding and promotions of Marina Arts District and Greater Downtown Corpus Christi area
- Create DMD graphics, promotional materials and videos
- Manage ArtWalk and Support Local Creatives
- Support and Coordinate Downtown Events
Compensation & Benefits:
- Salary: $30,000 + Benefits
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Graphic Design and Web Management required
- Social media management preferred
- Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm
- Attendance at monthly ArtWalk, Deck Downtown, Pirate Pub Crawl, Deck Downtown, Quarterly Mixers, Peppermint Lane (Saturday after Thanksgiving) and any additional DMD events is required
Initiative: Generates ideas and initiates action to seek information, solve problems or follow through with a task; is a self-starter.
Quality of Work & Reporting: Seeks further assignments when workload permits and consistently completes acceptable volume of work on time.
Responsibility & Quality of Work: Has good attendance, is on time and is present and productive at work; Work consistently demonstrates an understanding of the objectives and mission statement.
Judgement & Decision Making: Evaluates information and makes sound and timely decisions. Is accountable for results. Selects decision alternatives that meet the objectives of the department.
Attitude & Stress Management: Keeps an upbeat, professional attitude even under challenging situations.
Teamwork: Willing to share information and offers aid when possible; consistently looking for ways to improve processes in the work place.
Customer Service Focus: Understands customers needs, expectations, and DMDs requirements for public service; Treats customers (internal & external) with courtesy and respect; Responds quickly to all requests.
Communication: Communicates effectively verbally and in writing with team members, colleagues, customers and managers with widely different socio-economic and educational backgrounds; listens to others and is open minded to suggestions from others.
How to Apply
Submit Cover Letter, Resume and Portfolio (if applicable) to Erica Tamez, Executive Assistant by September 10, 2019.