Job Opening – Executive Assistant - Marina Arts District in Corpus Christi, TX
Apr 12, 2019
Executive Assistant Job Description
Be part of the renaissance of Downtown Corpus Christi and learn local government by working for the City’s only Municipal Management District! We’re looking for a new team member with energy, spirit and great attention to detail. This position primarily supports our Executive Director. The position also manages business related tasks for the team such as creating reports, organizing travel, taking minutes and other organizational tasks.
Job Description (Daily Responsibilities):
- General Office Communications
- Answer Phone Calls & Emails
- Staff Office
- Scheduling & Travel for Executive Director
- Schedule Meetings & Presentations
- Help Prepare for Meetings
- Manage Travel
- Document Management & Reporting
- Keep Project Files Organized
- Monthly, Quarterly & Annual Reports
- Research & Data Management
- Conduct Research as Requested
- Manage Property Owner Database
- Meeting Management & Administration
- Prepare Agendas & Send Invites
- Take Minutes
Compensation & Benefits:
- Salary Range $35,000 to $40,000
- Commensurate with Experience and Qualifications.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Political Science
- Typically 8 AM – 5 PM, M – F.
- Attendance at monthly ArtWalk, Deck Downtown, Quarterly Mixers, Peppermint Lane (Saturday after Thanksgiving) and any additional DMD events is required.
- Initiative: Generates ideas and initiates action to seek information, solve problems or follow through with a task; is a self-starter.
- Quantity of Work: Seeks further assignments when workload permits and consistently completes acceptable volume of work on time.
- Responsibility & Quality of Work: Has good attendance, is on time and is present and productive at work; Work consistently demonstrates an understanding of the objectives and mission statement.
- Judgement & Decision Making: Evaluates information and makes sound and timely decisions. Is accountable for results. Selects decision alternatives that meet the objectives of the department.
- Attitude & Stress Management: Keeps an upbeat, professional attitude even under challenging situations.
- Teamwork: Willing to share information and offers aid when possible; consistently looking for ways to improve processes in the work place.
- Customer Service Focus: Understands customer’s needs, expectations, and DMD’s requirements for public service; Treats customers (internal & external) with courtesy and respect; Responds quickly to all requests.
- Communication: Communicates effectively verbally and in writing with team members, colleagues, customers and managers with widely different socio-economic and educational backgrounds; listens to others and is open minded to suggestions from others.
How to Apply