Job Opening – Communication & Events Manager - Marina Arts District in Corpus Christi, TX
Oct 22, 2018
Communication & Events Manager Job Description
Be part of the renaissance of Downtown Corpus Christi! We’re looking for a new team member with energy and spirit to advance our revitalization efforts. This position manages communications for the DMD; hosts DMD events; works closely with downtown businesses and outside event organizers; and manages interns. Additionally, this position hosts the DMD’s signature ArtWalk and has an opportunity to expand support for local artists and creatives. This position reports directly to the Executive Director.
Job Description (Daily Responsibilities):
- Manage Marina Arts and Go Downtown Websites
- Develop and Distribute Newsletter
- Manage Social Media
- Manage Traditional Media
- Manage Brand and Marketing Initiatives
- Manage DMD Merchant Association
- Manage ArtWalk and Support Local Creatives
- Support and Coordinate Downtown Events
Compensation & Benefits:
- Salary Range $45,000 to $50,000 + Benefits
- Commensurate with Experience and Qualifications.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Typically 8 AM – 5 PM, M – F.
- Some weekend and additional hours required for events.
- Initiative: Generates ideas and initiates action to seek information, solve problems or follow through with a task; is a self-starter.
- Quantity of Work: Seeks further assignments when workload permits and consistently completes acceptable volume of work on time.
- Responsibility & Quality of Work: Has good attendance, is on time and is present and productive at work; Work consistently demonstrates an understanding of the objectives and mission statement.
- Judgement & Decision Making: Evaluates information and makes sound and timely decisions. Is accountable for results. Selects decision alternatives that meet the objectives of the department.
- Attitude & Stress Management: Keeps an upbeat, professional attitude even under challenging situations.
- Teamwork: Willing to share information and offers aid when possible; consistently looking for ways to improve processes in the work place.
- Customer Service Focus: Understands customer’s needs, expectations, and DMD’s requirements for public service; Treats customers (internal & external) with courtesy and respect; Responds quickly to all requests.
- Communication: Communicates effectively verbally and in writing with team members, colleagues, customers and managers with widely different socio-economic and educational backgrounds; listens to others and is open minded to suggestions from others.
How to Apply