Job Opening – Communication and Events Intern - Marina Arts District in Corpus Christi, TX
May 6, 2019
Communication and Events Intern Job Description
General Description: Be part of the renaissance of Downtown Corpus Christi and learn local government by working for the Cityâ€™s only Municipal Management District! Weâ€™re looking for a new team member with energy, spirit and great attention to detail. The social media intern is a part-time (20 hours/week) position for one year and is responsible for assisting the Communication and Events Manager, in addition to managing social media and website features. The intern also seconds as front office coverage when the Executive Assistant is unavailable. The social media intern(s) reports directly to the Communication and Events Manager.
Job Description (Daily Responsibilities):
- Create Social Media Content & Manage Profiles
- Report on Social Media analytics
- Assist in branding and promotions of Marina Arts District and Greater Downtown Corpus Christi area
- Assist in delivery of event sponsorship benefits
- Assist in designing of promotional materials
- Assist in planning and execution of monthly ArtWalk
- Recruit ArtWalk vendors
- Assist in planning and execution of Peppermint Lane in November
- Assist with monthly mixers/events as needed
Compensation & Benefits:
- Hourly rate: $10.00
- Must be currently enrolled in Del Mar College or Texas A&M University – Corpus Christi.
- Must have social media management experience.
- Graphic Design experience preferred.
- Dependent on class schedule but will be between the hours of 8am – 5pm, M-F.
- Attendance at monthly ArtWalk, Deck Downtown, Pirate Pub Crawl, Deck Downtown, Quarterly Mixers, Peppermint Lane (Saturday after Thanksgiving) and any additional DMD events is required.
- Initiative: Generates ideas and initiates action to seek information, solve problems or follow through with a task; is a self-starter.
- Quality of Work & Reporting: Seeks further assignments when workload permits and consistently completes acceptable volume of work on time.
- Responsibility & Quality of Work: Has good attendance, is on time and is present and productive at work; Work consistently demonstrates an understanding of the objectives and mission statement.
- Judgement & Decision Making: Evaluates information and makes sound and timely decisions. Is accountable for results. Selects decision alternatives that meet the objectives of the department.
- Attitude & Stress Management: Keeps an upbeat, professional attitude even under challenging situations.
- Teamwork: Willing to share information and offers aid when possible; consistently looking for ways to improve processes in the work place.
- Customer Service Focus: Understands customerâ€™s needs, expectations, and DMDâ€™s requirements for public service; Treats customers (internal & external) with courtesy and respect; Responds quickly to all requests.
- Communication: Communicates effectively verbally and in writing with team members, colleagues, customers and managers with widely different socio-economic and educational backgrounds; listens to others and is open minded to suggestions from others.
How to Apply
Submit Cover Letter, Resume and Portfolio (if applicable) to Jordan Michael, Communication and Events Manager by May 17, 2019.