|CORPUS CHRISTI, TEXAS â€“ The City of Corpus Christi Traffic Engineering office advises residents and business owners beginning Monday, March 20, 2017, some downtown streets will be closed or detoured in preparation for the downtown festival, Fiesta De La Flor, taking place at North Bayfront Park on Friday, March 24 and Saturday, March 25, 2017.
- The center and right lanes of southbound IH 37 will be allowed to turn right onto southbound Shoreline Boulevard. The left lane will be open to allow access to northbound Shoreline Boulevard.
- The northbound lanes of Shoreline Boulevard will be reduced to two lanes at Mann Street and then reduced to one lane at IH-37.
- The north and southbound lanes of Shoreline Boulevard will be closed between Resaca Street and Power Street.
- The north and southbound lanes of Water Street will be closed between Resaca Street and Palo Alto Street.
- The east and westbound lanes of Fitzgerald Street will be closed between N. Chaparral Street and Shoreline Boulevard. Access to Fitzgerald Street will be monitored and managed by the American Bank Center parking staff during preparations and the events.
- Resaca Street will remain open to access the barge dock, the Art Museum of South Texas, Hesterâ€™s CafÃ© and additional American Bank Center parking.
Detour signage will direct motorists around the closures. Drivers should expect delays and if possible seek alternate routes or avoid the area.
For more information, please contact Traffic Engineering at (361) 826-3547.