Chaparral Street – Phase 2 - Marina Arts District in Corpus Christi, TX
Nov 27, 2017
IMPORTANT PROJECT UPDATE
This notice, and all that follow in this format, shall serve as official communications from the City of Corpus Christi in regards to
the Chaparral Street Phase 2 Project.
Keeping project stakeholders up to date is our number one priority. Below is detailed information about the project schedule and construction progress.
Project construction commenced in October and is scheduled for completion by September 2018. Construction is phased by blocks with limited closures of adjacent intersections. Intersections and sidewalks will remain open throughout the project. There will be intermittent closures during critical construction activities such as concrete pours, all such closures will be scheduled in advance.
PROJECT PHASING PROGRESS
- Construction officially kicked-off on October 9th.
- Traffic Control was installed for Phase 1.
- Demolition started and is nearly complete.
- Electronic signage has been added to the Traffic Control in response to issues with 18-wheeler vehicles.
What Happens Over the Next Two Weeks?
- Contractor will begin excavation and installation of sanitary sewer manholes and sanitary sewer lines, followed with the installation of the new water line with services.
- Schatzel Street to Peoples Street through January 27, 2018.
- Monthly Downtown Management District updates
- Coordinated outreach through the City of Corpus Christi
- Monthly e-mail updates
- Direct property communications by the project inspector
- Special meetings and announcements as needed
- Please make sure we have your CORRECT CONTACT INFO, please email Doreen Harrell with any business contact changes or updates
“Continuing to Build Our Future”
For more information, please contact:
Ed Dunbar, City Construction Inspector
Doreen Harrell, KCS Public Relations
Reytec Construction (Contractor)
Michelle Villarreal, City of Corpus Christi, PIO