|CORPUS CHRISTI, TX â€“ The City of Corpus Christi Traffic Engineering office advises residents and business beginning at 8 a.m., Saturday, May 6, the city will begin preparations for the annual Buc Days Illuminated Night Parade. The following traffic control plan will be implemented for the parade:
- Starting at 8 a.m. the following side streets for the parade route will be closed:
- Antelope Street (between Nueces Bay Boulevard and Stillman Street)
- Buddy Lawrence Drive (between Buffalo Street and Leopard Street)
- Palm Street (between IH-37 Access Road to Leopard Street)
- Tulip Street (between Barthelome Street and Leopard Street)
- Lily Street (between Barthelome Street and Leopard Street)
- Barthlome Street (between Nueces Bay and Lily Street)
- At 3 p.m. the northbound SH-286 Leopard Street exit ramp will be closed to traffic.
- At 3 p.m. NO PARKING restrictions will be enforced.
- At 6 p.m. the closure of Leopard Street and side streets along the parade route will begin. The closure will follow the parade route to Schatzell Street and Water Street.
- Starting at 7:30 p.m. pedestrians and vehicles will not be allowed in emergency lanes along Leopard Street. The emergency lanes will be:
- Port Avenue (between IH-37 Access Road and Lipan Street)
- Staples Street (between Antelope Street and Lipan Street)
- Tancahua Street (between Antelope Street and Lipan Street)
- Carancahua Street (between Antelope Street and Lipan Street)
- Water Street (between Peoples Street and Schatzell Street)
- Coopers Alley (between Mesquite Street and Water Street)
The City reminds drivers and pedestrians to use caution around the parade route and to only park in designated areas. Traffic control devices will guide motorist around the parade route. Motorists should expect delays and if possible, seek alternate routes or avoid the area.
For more information, please visit www.bucdays.com or contact Traffic Engineering at (361) 826-3547.