Call for 2019 Electrical Box Muralist - Marina Arts District in Corpus Christi, TX
May 29, 2019
Call for 2019 Electrical Box Mural Submission
DEADLINE DATE: Applications must be submitted on June 12, 2019 by 5pm.
The Downtown Management District (DMD) is announcing the continuation of the Downtown Electrical Box Mural Program. Launched in 2015 with a goal of downtown beautification, this program enhances the cultural experience of the art centered district. The DMD is seeking six (6) artists to create a public mural on a pre-selected electrical boxes on Mesquite Street. The artist and rendering will be selected by a public vote.
• Applications due on June 12, 2019 by 5pm.
• Voting will begin on Thursday, June 13th and will end at 12pm on Thursday, June 20th.
• Winners will be announced by 5pm on Thursday, June 20th
• Artists can pick up their paint on Monday, June 24th.
Completion date: The mural must be complete by July 4th.
• The electrical boxes are approximately 3’ 8” X 4’ 7.5” X 2’ 2.5” in size and the mural should fill the majority of all sides.
• Entries must be original works of art and should reflect Corpus Christi’s cultural and heritage.
• The artist will receive $500 commission for the painting.
• A set of primary colors by Novo Color paint will be supplied by the DMD.
• Electrical boxes will be sanded and primed by the DMD Clean Team prior to artists arrival and sealed once the project is complete.
• Images of selected artwork will be used in DMD publicity campaigns and marketing, with credit give to artist.
Applications should be emailed to Jordan Michael.