Call for 2020 Electrical Box Muralist - Marina Arts District in Corpus Christi, TX
Feb 27, 2020
Call for 2020 Electrical Box Mural Submission
DEADLINE DATE: Applications must be submitted on March 11, 2020 by 5pm.
The Downtown Management District (DMD) is announcing the continuation of the Downtown Electrical Box Mural Program. Launched in 2015 with a goal of downtown beautification, this program enhances the cultural experience of the art centered district. The DMD is seeking eight (8) artists to create a public mural on a pre- selected electrical boxes on Water Street. The artist and rendering will be selected by a public vote on Facebook.
- Applications and artistic submissions are due on Wednesday, March 11th, 2020 by 5pm.
- Voting will begin on Thursday, March 12th and will end at 12pm on Thursday, March 26th.
- Winners will be announced by 5pm on Thursday, March 26th.
- Artists can pick up their paint on Wednesday, April 1st.
Completion date: The mural must be complete by Friday, April 17th.
- The electrical boxes are approximately 3’ 8” X 4’ 7.5” X 2’ 2.5” in size and the mural should fill the majority of all sides. Artists will be notified of exact location after online voting ends.
- Entries must be original works of art and should reflect Corpus Christi’s culture and heritage.
- The artist will receive $500 commission for the painting.
- A set of primary paint colors by Novo Color will be supplied by the DMD.
- Electrical boxes will be sanded and primed by the DMD Clean Team prior to artist’s arrival and sealed once the project is complete
- Images of selected artwork will be used in DMD publicity campaigns and marketing with credit given to artist.
- Artists are encouraged to attend unveiling mixer on Thursday, April 23rd. Location TBD.
Click here for full application and rendering template.
Applications should be emailed to Jordan Michael.