who we are - Marina Arts District in Corpus Christi, TX
Who We Are
The Corpus Christi Downtown Management District (DMD) is the organization that manages the Marina Arts District. DMD, established in 1993, is a professional Downtown Management District representing property owners and stakeholders within the area bounded by Kinney Street to I-37, and Lower Broadway to the Corpus Christi Marina L and T-Heads. In 2013, the property owners voted to renew the district through 2023.
- Provide enhanced cleaning, beautification and safety services.
- Develop and improve the District.
- Market and promote the District.
- Address critical issues that affect the success of the District and greater Downtown area on behalf of our stakeholders and the regional community.
- Create a Clean, Safe Beautiful and Accessible District
- Develop and Improve Downtown
- Market and Promote The District, The Businesses and The DMD Organization
- Build a More Effective, Visible and Proactive DMD Organization
- Create, Manage and Build DMD (Organization) Events and Promote and Support District Events
On the edge. At the center.
Programs and Initiatives
Report a problem: Contact Us
DMD has two safety ambassador who are certified tourism ambassadors that patrol the District on Segways, acting as â€œeyes and earsâ€ of police, and providing customer-friendly assistance to visitors. Stop and say hello when you see our team!
Off Duty Police Bike Patrol
DMD utilizes of pool of 18 bike patrol police officers who are certified tourism ambassadors and are paid to patrol the Greater Downtown area in their off-time. They act as a visible, customer-friendly police presence that can provide assistance to visitors, make arrests and address public safety issues.
DMD has created a partnership with Corpus Christi Police Department and the private sector to better coordinate safety resources, improve communications and meet regularly to proactively address safety issues. If you are interested in joining the Safety Partnership please contact Alan Albin
We would like to thank our sponsors for providing resources to DMD, enabling the organization to pursue its mission and provide programming and services to our District.